Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Forrest Gump Trailer

It’s trailer time again! I’m so excited to post about today’s trailer – I’ve heard great reviews for this movie. Here’s the trailer:


After watching the Forest Gump trailer, I have mixed feelings of whether I will like the movie or not. Typically, I avoid movies like Radio and this trailer looks similar to that movie. Radio was not a bad movie – it was wonderful, I just don’t like to watch movies that are “downers.” Life is already depressing; I don’t want to be even more depressed when the credits start rolling. The snippets of deep conversation played over dramatic music leads me to think I’m going to cry.

However, I could be completely wrong. When your lead actor is Tom Hanks, it’s hard for me to picture a serious movie. The scene where Forest meets the president and tells him “I gotta pee” made me chuckle. So did the Ping-Pong scene. Everyone always loves an intense Ping-Pong tournament – and I’m no exception.

Is it possible to have a comedic drama? I’m not sure, but it seems that the directors of Forest Gump sure did try. Which is why I am going to give this movie a chance. The trailer’s scenes look beautifully scripted and beautifully shot – I’d hate to miss out on a good movie just because I’m afraid of some tears.  

Now, it's your turn. For those who've seen Forrest Gump, should I watch it? Will those that haven't seen it yet consider seeing it? Tell me below!

No comments:

Post a Comment